- 20 February, 2026
Vatican City, February 20, 2026: The St. Carlo Acutis Shrine & Center for Eucharistic Encounter has launched a new mobile application dedicated to Eucharistic miracles and inspired by the life and witness of the young Italian saint St. Carlo Acutis.
The app was officially released on February 14, 2026, in Malvern, Pennsylvania, with the aim of continuing Carlo’s mission of using technology to draw people closer to Jesus in the Eucharist.
“Carlo used the technology of his time to bring people closer to Jesus in the Eucharist,” said Mary Bea Damico, Executive Director of the Shrine at Malvern Retreat House.
“With this app, we are carrying that mission forward, using modern technology to proclaim the Eucharist is the living heart of Jesus. The app also shares the beautiful journey of St. Carlo’s life, and invites everyone to advance in their own journey to become the saints they were created to be.”
Created in collaboration with Antonia Acutis, the app features mobile-friendly, well-documented accounts of Eucharistic miracles that were researched and presented by Carlo in his Eucharistic Miracles of the World international exhibition.
St. Carlo Acutis, who died in 2006 at the age of 15 and was canonized in September 2025, made extensive use of technology to catalogue and promote Eucharistic miracles that had been examined and approved by the Church. Long before the rise of smartphones and social media, he understood the internet as a powerful means of evangelization.
Beyond the miracle accounts, the app includes features such as “Live Like Carlo,” an interactive experience that walks users through key moments of his life, as well as a dedicated space for online Eucharistic Adoration streamed from chapels around the world.
A tool to reach young people everywhere
“Carlo loved using technology to speak about Jesus and especially about the Eucharist. It brings me joy to see his devotion shared in a way that can reach young people and families everywhere,” Ms. Acutis said.
“It is very important that we continue to spread the news of the Eucharistic Miracles all around the world. The App will be a great tool in continuing this mission,” she added.
The Archbishop Nelson J. Perez, of Philadelphia, described the initiative as “fantastic,” noting that engaging and accompanying young people is among his top priorities.
“The St. Carlo Acutis Shrine and this app will help our priests, teachers and parents when talking with our children about our Catholic faith. It supports our call to action, to live your faith every day,” he said.
Courtesy: Vatican News
© 2026 CATHOLIC CONNECT POWERED BY ATCONLINE LLP